- 1960s aesthetics and modern craft, refined over 50+ years of Yamaha guitar development
- Atmosfeel™ pickup and preamp system provides uniquely natural plugged-in sound
- The original Yamaha FS concert shape is a good fit for players who prefer a smaller body, and has a slightly brighter sound to complement strumming and fingerpicking
- New scalloped FS bracing pattern provides a warm, powerful tone with rich harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) treatment imparts the sound and sustain of aged wood
- All-solid construction with a Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Hard bag included
Yamaha FSX3 Red Label Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Classic V-Shaped Headstock - The guitar retains the original FG headstock shape, adorned with the iconic "tuning fork" logo. The traditional truss rod cover is emblazoned with "Since 1966" to mark the launch of the first FG models.
Solid Sitka Spruce Top - Commonly sourced from Canada and Alaska, solid Sitka spruce offers a rich midrange and low-frequency response. The sound is tight and focused, working particularly well for chordal strumming or rhythmic fingerstyle performance.
Solid Mahogany Back and Sides - Mahogany has a slower transient response than many other tonewoods, contributing to a warm and woody tone with strong midrange.
Bone Nut and Saddle - The Made-in-Japan 5-tier instruments feature a bone nut and saddle. Bone is a harder material than urea, providing a more efficient transfer of energy from the strings to the neck and body. The result is a louder and clearer sound.
New Scalloped Bracing - In defining the sound of FG Red Label, our intention was to offer a warm tone that would be ideal for modern folk music and singer-songwriters. With careful measurement and experimentation, we made several refinements that would enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes are optimized for the natural characteristics of the tonewoods, and for each body silhouette.
Acoustic Resonance Enhancement - Exclusive Yamaha Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) uses heat, humidity and atmospheric pressure to accelerate the aging of the wood. The A.R.E. process gives the instrument a rich, vintage-quality tone, producing a sound as if you’ve been playing it for years.
Atmosfeel™ 3-Way Pickup and Preamp System - The Atmosfeel™ pickup and preamp system uses a piezo sensor in the bridge to capture low frequencies, a microphone for low and midrange and our proprietary, newly-developed, thin synthetic sheet soundboard transducer for high frequencies. The result is a full, natural sound with simple controls that make it easy to get great plugged-in tone.
Simple and Intuitive Controls for Each Performance Style - Atmosfeel™ preamp controls let you blend the microphone sound into the premixed pickup sound. The microphone sound particularly complements solo performers and chordal players, while a lower blend may be preferred by fingerstyle players and guitarists who need to cut through a full band. The bass knob controls a peaking EQ. The center frequency raises when boosting and lowers when attenuating, so that low frequencies, which could be problematic on stage, can be removed but never added.